Pictish Otter Stone is one of two symbol stones which, stand outside the
Old Churchyard at Rhynie. This one made of Gabbro which, is incised with
an Otter or Seals head, Double Disc and Z Rod, Mirror and Comb Symbols.
The stone was removed from the Old Parish church around 1874 and used as
building material for the Churchyard wall. The poor quality of the
carvings and the early style of the comb probably dates it from around the
4th/5th century AD. Both can be viewed to the Left of the Kirkyard Gates.
Unfortunately the symbols are now hard to view.